Sunday 21 February 2010

Feb 2010 -Back Training & back Blogging


Well it seems an age since I last blogged. In this time I have completed the 09 season which saw my best result of 33rd overall at The Woody and my worst of DNF at Weymouth and a big crash at the Cowman. So a mixed season say the least!

Since then, I have begun training again and completed in South Africa 70.3. This was won by Fraser Cartmel in very hot and humid conditions. For me it did not go so well, having missed so much biking due to the snow and Ice in the UK winter. Anyway I had cramps and vomiting on the run which put an end to any serious chance of getting a Clearwater slot. Not unsurprising having left -6 to arrive in +30 and a day to sort myself out! Never the less, a great trip and a great race, I hope to get there again soon.

Now, I am back in training in the build up to Lanzarote. I have set a very ambitious training plan and just hope the weather begins to become a bit milder, otherwise it will be tough on those long rides!!

So this week:

Monday AM Swim PM Weights
Tuesday AM Swim PM endurance run 75 mins plus
Wednesday AM Swim PM Turbo (1hour) to 5km tempo run
Thursday Restday
Friday AM swim PM X country run 75 mins
Saturday AM ride 2 hours PM weights
Sunday 3 hour ride to 5km Run
15 hours






No comments:

Post a Comment